DAROLD S. “BOS” BOSWELL, Ph.D.
Dr. Darold S. “Bos” Boswell is the Director of Logistics for Montgomery Public Schools, Montgomery County, Alabama. In this capacity he is responsible for a myriad of functions that keep the school system operating educationally and efficiently. He has direct responsibility for over 300 support personnel and he manages a multi-million dollar annual budget that services over 31,000 students annually. Prior to his current position with Montgomery Public Schools, he was an active duty Air Force Officer. While on active duty for 24 years, he served in numerous countries and states around the world. Among his many tours of duty while serving in the Air Force, he is especially proud of his tour of duty as the Commander and Professor of Aerospace Studies at his Alma Mater; Alabama State University. He retired from active duty in June of 2012 as the Inspector General for the Jeanne M. Holm Center for Officer Accessions and Citizen Development, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. He and his wife, Delanda, have two dughters; Daria and Ashlee.
- 1988 Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations, Alabama State University, Montgomery, Alabama.
- 1995 Squadron Officer School (Resident), Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
- 1995 Academic Instructor School
- 1997 Master of Science in Adult Education, Troy University Montgomery Campus, Montgomery, Alabama.
- 1997 Defense Equal Opportunity Program Manager Course, Patrick AFB, Florida
- 1999 Advanced Personnel Officer Course, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
- 2000 Defense Equal Opportunity Advisor Course, Patrick AFB, Florida (Distinguished Graduate)
- 2002 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2006 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2010 Ph.D. Higher Education Leadership, Capella University, Minneapolis, MN
Doctoral Dissertation, “Missing in Action” A Study of the Underrepresentation of African American Male Kindergarten Through Grade 12 Educators in Public Education Schools
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
- Joint Service Achievement Medal
- Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with three oak leaf clusters
- National Defense Service Medal with device
- Global War on Terrorism Medal